Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hubby's knee surgery was two weeks ago. He's healing well, but is still fairly limited. His mom stayed with us until just a couple days ago and I am so thankful. I don't know what I would've done without her help.

Hubby was in a horrid pain for the first 2-3 days and was dizzy and nauseous from the pain meds. He fainted in the bathroom two days post-surgery, resulting in me calling an ambulance. He was OK and managed to get back up and into bed with his mom's help. We decided to let EMS respond anyway, to make sure he was alright. Everything checked out and it was probably a combination of the meds and him getting upright too quickly.

Our awesome neighbors mowed the front lawn for us yesterday. I came home, and there the neighbor was, zipping through our yard on his riding mower. I took them a bottle of wine and thanked his wife - haven't had a chance to thank him yet.

Mom stayed last night while Hubby worked late (he's on light duty now). The kids were pleased. I was driven nuts. She wasn't tolerating a new medication and was feeling shaky and sick. She took it out on Hubby this morning while he drove her home, telling him I need his help. Yes, I do, but he's still limited as to what he can do around the house & with the kids. He's doing as much as he physically can and didn't need her to make him feel like a lazy-ass.

I'll be so happy when he's back to full use of his leg and can start working details again. The medical bills are adding up!

No comments: