Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I went to the hair salon last night for a cut. All the stylists were busy, so I sat an waited for a while. Two of the customers seemed to know each other and were talking. The one woman's son is in critical condition at a specialty hospital. He was riding with a friend and their truck was hit by a friggin train. The crossing mailfunctioned and the arms never came down, so the boys had no idea. Her son is doing well, but not out of the woods. The driver needs surgery but has swelling of the brain and probably will not survive. I said a prayer for the boys and their families and have been constantly thinking of them. I can't imagine what those moms are going through.

1 comment:

Meadowlark said...

Lately I've really been struggling with worry about my children. They're adult (21/23) and sometimes I'm gripped with a horrible fear that something might happen to them.

This is the kind of "out of nowhere" thing that I fear.

I'll add my prayers.
Hope you ended up with a haircut you like.