Thursday, July 29, 2004

  Last night, the first 15 minutes of my drive home were harrowing.   Rain was coming down in sheets.  I'd get a glimpse of road, then WHAM another gust of wind and obliterating sheet of rain.  There were points in time where I could barely see the road.  In front of me was some poor guy on a motorcycle without a helmet.  I prayed he didn't wipe in the rain.  Finally, just as I got about a quarter mile from the interstate, the skies broke.  I did not want to travel the busy interstate which is under construction, during a storm like that.  It's dangerous enough with all the idiot drivers on a good day.
  After a couple of miles I noticed a gorgeous low, wide-arcing rainbow in my rearview mirror.  I felt as though I had been given a gift.  I told hubby about it as I was saying goodbye this morning and he had seen it on his way to class last night.

 
***

The body pillow I bought this weekend is awesome.  I've been sleeping much better at night and having less back pain.  I was worried about it since it was cheap and all the others I had seen online were pricey and fancy with J-shapes or big U-shapes to cradle the body.  Hubby likes it, too.  I put it down the middle of the bed (which also has the benefit of preventing his groping me while he's asleep).  He can cuddle up to it, too and is enjoying it.  Even the cats are in on the pillow action.  They can lie on it and knead it all they want without a ruthless human shoving them off.   Let me tell you, having an 18 pound cat sit on your belly, boobs or genitals (if you happen to be hubby) and kneading is not comfortable.

No comments: