Friday, October 14, 2005

More of the same....the a/c at work is broken yet again. It's about 90 degrees in here and I don't know if I'm going to fall asleep or end up with heat exhaustion. I'm getting over another icky bug. At least this time it was something different - a horrid sore throat and fever with alternating chills and hot flashes. I dragged my sorry butt to the doctor on my 6th day of fever (which I didn't even realize I still had. I assumed since I was over the chills my fever had broken). Several tests later and I discovered that I am not suffering from strep (which I already knew), mono, a systemic infection, or anemia. The following day I woke up feeling fine. Of course. Not that I'm complaining.

Peanut is growing up so quickly. He's been chowing down ever since he figured out how to feed himself. You'd think Gerber Puffs were crack the way he devours them. Scrambled eggs and French toast sticks are his two other favorites, as they are easy to grab and manipulate. When he sees me get the Puffs can, he bounces and squeals in anticipation. He's getting better with the sippy cup, although if he can't get fluid fast enough, the cup ends up on the floor. He feels heavier, too. I swear he gained a pound overnight and Hubby has noticed it, too. Peanut is like a stuffed little tick. A cute, cuddly, giggly, fat little tick.

We've been making an earnest effort at getting him to sleep in his crib. We've had 2 or 3 whole nights of crib-sleeping this week and the other nights were pretty good with 5-6 hours before bringing him into bed. Hubby sleeps on the side of the bed closest to Peanut, so he can reach over and pat his head or little bottom when he wakes in the night. He'll usually settle back down within a few minutes. Last night he slept until his early bottle with nary a peep. Except he decided that 5:30 am was a great time to rise and shine and protested when I stuck him in bed with Hubby (I knew there was no way he'd go back in the crib). The little stinker wanted us up to play with him. As soon as he and Hubby left for daycare, he fell asleep in the carseat.

I recently saw mention of silly nicknames other bloggers have for their kids. It's gotten me thinking of the ones we use...

Peanut
Little Man
Stinker/Stinkerbinker
Diaperbutt
Stinkbottom
Wiggleworm
Snugglebug
and my favorite (I came up with this one myself when Peanut was first home and had tons of gas) Mount Asskrakatoa

I'm a dork. And I admit it.

No comments: