Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I thought things couldn't get any worse with mom. I was wrong. She admitted on the phone that she tried to choke herself this weekend.

I need to talk to the social worker, but I've been burying my head in the sand. I can't deal. Obviously, the program is not working for her. They can keep for until August, as planned, but will it help? What will happen next - the state hospital? Mom has been talking about it for the past couple of months. It may turn out to be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

2 comments:

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Oh, sweetie. My heart is just broken to bits for you. Big ole stinky love vibage coming from the desert west. Good luck, and write if you wanna talk or if there's anything I can do to help.

StaceyG said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! My mom tried to hang herself twice when I was younger. Thank God it wasn't her time and someone walked in and stopped her. I worry about her trying something while she's living alone, but so far so good.

(hugs)