Monday, October 22, 2007

I haven't felt much like writing lately. Mom is the same, still waiting for a bed in the state hospital. She's up the the usual, telling me she's not eating, then telling me she eats about 50% of her food. That's not great, but not terrible, either. She now has diabetes and completely freaked out when the doctor started her on the meds for that. Her concern that she'll die of diabetes complications hasn't stopped her from refusing the meds, though. I've cut way back on my visits. During the last visit she kept telling me to leave, then as the nurse was letting me out, she grabbed my arm and started crying. Her manipulations are exhausting.

Hubby, Peanut and I took a short trip to visit Dad and Stepmom. It was much needed by both of the adults. Peanut took to my parents after an initial bought of shyness and had a wonderful time with them. Grampy remembered Peanut's love of sticks and carved the perfect one for him. We had a blast making a leaf pile in the back yard while Peanut tossed and kicked leaves around. We visited my aunt who has a buyer for her house and my old crew of school friends. One friend just had an adorable baby, another is pregnant, and the other just moved into a gorgeous new house.

It was so nice to spend time with my parents and feel like a family. We all were sad to leave. Peanut was so upset he refused to even look at Grammy and Grampy once he was buckled into the carseat. All the way to the airport, he asked if they were coming with us or if we were going back to their house.

1 comment:

StaceyG said...

My daughter calls my parents Grammy and Grampy too. So glad you had a nice trip!