Monday, November 24, 2008

Mom called this weekend. She's doing a little better, but still sounds depressed. The psychiatrist changed one med and upped another which seems to be working. Mom said her goal is to be well enough to spend Christmas with us. What? Hubby and I never planned or intended for Mom to spend Christmas with us this year. After her disastrous last visit, I'm in no mood to have her visit for a long while, especially not at the biggest holiday of the year.

I told her we'd have to see how things go. There is no way she can come on Christmas anyway. Hubby is only off for the 24th and 25th, so there is no way we could pick her up before Chrismas. If she's doing well and seems stable I could maybe take Bean to daycare and bring Peanut with me to pick her up. Hubby said he would be willing to take her back the follwing Monday. I just have a bad feeling about it. I don't really want to make the drive alone (or alone with Peanut) as it's 3 hours each way. The hospital is creepy, too. There are a couple of patients in Mom's building who hang out in the foyer and are scary. Not to mention there are criminals there. One social worker pointedly told me to be careful when bringing Peanut there.

So, I really don't want to deal with the trip or with my Mom. But the guilt kicks in. After all, it is holiday season and holidays are supposed to be family time.

No comments: