Thursday, December 04, 2008

Peanut is all about Christmas. We watched the Rudolph special last night. (What a flashback to my own childhood).

When I was a kid, I wanted a Rudolph toy for years. I asked Santa for one in several letters. I'm pretty sure Mom searched for one, but there weren't any. I saw some a couple of years ago and asked Hubby for one.

Well, I got one last Christmas, complete with a light-up nose. Except the nose was broken and we didn't feel like sending him back to the overpriced build-a-stuffed-animal place for an exchange. Rudolph eventally found his way to a shelf in Peanut's closet.

I remembered him last night during the show and got him out for Peanut. He immediately knew the nose was supposed to light up and asked why it didn't work when he squeezed Rudolph's ear. I told him it was broken and he replied "Maybe he needs a new battery. You can fix him, Mommy." I told him there was no way to get into his ear and that I couldn't fix it. We went back and forth a few times and I started to get that oh-shit-we're-gonna-have-a-tantrum feeling when I noticed Rudolph's tummy was hard and had a velcro opening. Hmmmm. With some work, I managed to pull out a battery pack, with an on/off switch. That was turned off.

Yep, Rudolph's nose works just fine. Too bad it took a year to figure that out!

Rudolph slept in bed with Peanut, was dragged to our bed when he woke in the night, and accompanied Peanut in the car this morning. I'm tickled.

No comments: