Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A little girl from Peanut’s daycare died last week following complications from nearly drowning. I’m heartbroken for the family. We didn’t know her, she was a year younger than Peanut and in a different room. We may have passed her in the mornings or evenings without realizing it. I may have smiled at her, not knowing she would soon be gone.

Hubby was working the day she was found. He was relieved he didn’t get the call. He’s been around so much death in the past two years and it affected him, us. Little did we know she was a school mate.

Daycare had a special memorial up today. Everyone was invited to write their wishes. What do you say? I wrote that I was sorry for their loss and wished them peace. It’s not enough, nothing is.

2 comments:

StaceyG said...

How sad. We had a little neighbor girl die from complications of a tonsillectomy a couple of years ago. You just never know...

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

My God. Some woman nearby killed her kid by backing over him with her SUV. It makes my heart hurt so much. I'm with you, though--what do you say? This is the one time that living in Utah makes it a little easier, because of the whole families-together-forever thing in the Mormon faith, but still...UGH.