Saturday, May 31, 2008
Hubby and Peanut had a very long trip to the ENT's office yesterday. Our old doctor has left the practice, so they are down to one ENT and a nurse practitioner. The boys were there for approximately two hours just to have the air pressure test (I don't know what it's called, but they check the eardrum) and a consult with the ENT. She took a look, declared that the tube-free ear still has fluid and the other is hanging onto its tube. She verified that he needs a new set of tubes and the adenoids out. Thankfully, she didn't yank the remaining tube, I guess since he'll be in for surgery soon anyway. (A friend had both of hers removed without anesthesia as a young child and vividly remembers the pain.) They wanted to schedule the appointment at the office, but Hubby asked if we could wait until after the baby is born. They're supposed to call next week and we'll see what we can arrange. I'm not looking forward to bringing a newborn to the surgery center, but I want to be there and I want Hubby to be at the birth (with our luck it would all happen at the same time if we didn't wait)!