Monday, December 22, 2003

I've only been at this for a week and already I'm slacking off. No, not really. I've been busy with work and all the holiday stuff. My supervisor's new grad student began his research project last week, so I spent all Thursday and Friday helping with that. I'm the resident "expert" on running the type of samples he's doing, so my expertise and labor were needed. I had no idea of the sheer volume of samples the student had, so I was in for a rude awakening. By Friday night I was zonked. But we did finish phase 1 of the samples and I got to meet his really cool dog, who we snuck into the lab.

On Saturday, hubby and I had our annual Christmas party. All of the day was spent cleaning house and prepping food and rounding up the cats to keep them off the table. I couldn't catch one of them who is still semi-feral and likes to hide under the spare bed. So a couple of times during the party, she zoomed through the living room in hopes of getting to the master bedroom where we had shut all the others. I tried to catch her when she snuck onto the porch, but she ran full-on into the closed slider (ouch) and then I felt sorry for her and didn't want to stress her more by picking her up.

No comments: