Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Contact from the other side.


I had a cool phone conversation with Dad and Stepmom last night. Over the weekend, Stepmom had gone to see a psychic with a couple of her cousins. The psychic woman is a John Edwards type who converses with those who have passed to the other side. Stepmom said she rarely is chosen when she goes to those things, but this time the woman picked her out. She saw "people" from the other side (although she didn't identify them) and said that Stepmom had dealt with some rough emotional times recently. Stepmom's dad passed away last year, and I know she had a very bad time with his decline and eventual death. Then the psychic said she saw a child of Stepmom's. Stepmom said she had no children of her own, but the psychic was insistent, so she said that I'm her honorary kid. Psychic asked if this "kid" was expecting, so Stepmom replied in the affirmative (much to the shock of her cousins who didn't know, and who's parents lived next door to my childhood home, so they've known who I am for a long time). Psychic asked if said pregnant woman was having fears (Oh God, yes) and said not to worry, that she saw a girl baby and that all would be fine. She also said something about me having problems with birth in a past life, but that I'd outgrow it in this life.

Wow. I'm not sure how I feel about psychics and past lives and all that, but it was pretty cool anyway. I hope she's right on about the no problems part.


The rest of the evening went downhill. Hubby stopped for McFastfood on the way home and got some baaaaaad food poisoning. Coming out of both ends bad. He informed me of this at around 1am when he woke me up as he came to bed. Within 5 minutes he was in the bathroom puking again. I've been dealing with my share of the queasies and can't deal with vomit on a good day, so it was rough for me, too. He decided to go prop up on the couch, which I agreed was probably a good idea. Within 15 minutes or so, he came back to bed, and thankfully passed out. I would've been happier if he had stayed in range of the bathroom on the other side of the house, but I understand not wanting to be alone when feeling shitty. Hopefully he's gotten everything worked out of his system now. Yuck.

No comments: