Monday, May 10, 2004

Ooooh, blogger has a fancy new setup. That's what I get for neglecting my blog for several days.

Actually, I haven't really been neglecting it. I've been busy at work, dog tired, and MIL and a friend of hers came to visit. Hubby is the only family/friend who knows about my blog and I don't want to risk anyone discovering it by walking in on me while blogging.

We had a nice weekend. I told Mom about the peanut on Saturday. She got very excited, to the point where I almost wished I hadn't told her. She kept talking about how she'd babysit, stay with us for a week or two, take the peanut to the assisted living facility on days she volunteers. Uhhhhh....NO! First of all, I want to actually give birth to a baby before worrying about all that. I don't even know if it's viable, and don't have my first OB visit for another 3 weeks. I don't know that I'll want her around the house for a week. Extended stays with my mom don't work. She gets very pushy and overbearing, and that's the last thing I'll want while healing and adjusting to a newborn. I also am not keen on the idea of her trucking a baby around. She gets confused easily, has back & neck problems which make it difficult for her to lift even light objects, and the ALF is a dump. They've also had some violent patients there, most of the patients smoke (a lot), and I'm not comfortable with the whole atmoshpere.

Mom had settled down by Sunday, and we took her, MIL, and MIL's friend to a local art festival. Hubby and I had a grand time there and even bought a few things. I got a kickass necklace made with venetian glass. The ladies all wore out pretty quickly from the heat, so they sat in the shade while hubby and I trucked around.

Everyone (who knows about the peanut) has been asking me how I feel. I think I spoke too soon when I said I was feeling really good. I started getting the queasies this weekend. I felt crappy for a good bit of both days, and now that I ate lunch I'm not feeling too hot. But I'm not complianing. All I ask for is a healthy baby.

No comments: