Monday, February 20, 2006

Peanut's 15 month checkup was this morning. Hubby said Peanut was running into the other kids and toys with the walker. He has no fear.

He's in the 25th percentile for height and 5th for weight. Short and lean like his mama. The nurse was a little concerned with his walking. I had notice he does a Frankenstein walk without bending his knees when he pushes the walker. But I think he still steps normally when I hold his hands and let him walk. If he's still doing the Frankenstein deal, he needs to go back in a month and may need therapy. It's not what we wanted to hear, but it seems to be something minor.

I've also been concerned about his vocabulary which is limited to dada/da-deeee, mama, baba, on ocasional eeee-ooooow (meow), Gu-gee (Lily), and heo (hello). The nurse said the best for that would be to toss the binky. Duh! Why didn't we think of that. We try to limit the binky to bedtime and car rides, but we're bad about giving it to him when we go out to public places. I think we just want to avoid embarrassing meltdowns, but the binky really doesn't help anyway. I'm going to make a better effort to read to him daily (I've been trying, but he'd much rather turn the pages than wait for me to read what's on them) and to say the names of things. We've been half-assed working on shapes and animals. E-I-E-I-O!

No comments: