Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My parents visited for the weekend. As usual, we had a great time, but it was much too short. Peanut was shy with them for all of about 10 minutes until Grammy got him smiling. He dragged her off to his room to show off his toys. He spent a good bit of time wanting her to hold him - I'm so glad they had some good bonding time. Both Dad and Stepmom were able to feel the baby move. Stepmom didn't see me at all when I was pregnant with Peanut, so it was extra special for her.

We had a nice, lazy weekend together with a couple of nice evening walks and a visit to a local park and gardens. Sunday was difficult for all of us - they left around lunchtime to catch their flight home. Peanut did OK until he woke up from his nap. He cried so hard for his Grammy and Grampy, then I cried, too. We both told each other not to be sad and agreed we would be happy. Snuggle time on the couch helped us both feel better. I still get a twinge every time I use the guest/Peanut bathroom - it smells like Dad's cologne.

They plan to come back in August to see the baby and celebrate Dad's 70th birthday. I'm already looking forward to it.

No comments: