Saturday, April 19, 2008

Wow. I'm 30 weeks into this pregnancy.

So far, things seem to be going well. Of course, the closer I get to the time when Peanut was born (33w3d) the more I worry about pre-term labor. I've noticed more frequent Braxton-Hicks in the past few weeks and a more frequent need to pee, but nothing really worrisome. The OB and I discussed the fetal fibronectin test at my last appointment and I think I'll ask her to do it at my appointment coming up this week. We also talked about what signs to look out for. Had I known better last time, I would have seen her/gone to the hospital the day before Peanut was born. That was the day I left work early feeling very uncomfortable and with the big red flag feeling of "How am I going to get through 6 more weeks of this?" Apparently being very uncomfortable or feeling a lot of pressure, even without contractions, often happens before a pre-term birth (something the birthing books I read never mentioned). I don't have the horrendous swelling I did with Peanut and hope that is a good sign.

This baby is just as active as Peanut was. I love to look down and see my big belly move with kicks. I think Peanut even felt a kick or two last night! He's usually not patient enought to keep his hand on my belly.

No comments: