Wednesday, January 28, 2004

A woman at work has been battling cancer and went in for emergency surgery today. I think it's pretty bad. I don't know her real well since we work in different buildings, but I really like her. She's one of those genuinely nice people. She always says hi when we bump into each other and she's always friendly. It just doesn't seem fair.

Best friend's daughter went in for surgery yesterday to have her tonsils removed, ear tubes put in, and to have a couple of biopsies. I hope that she'll finally stop having chronic infections and fevers. She's already had her adenoids out, had several MRIs and CAT scans of her sinuses, allergy testing, and has asthma. She just turned 3.

My aunt is in surgery today to have a portion of her back fused. She's had chronic back problems for years and therapy didn't work. I talked to her last night and she was really nervous about the surgery. They also had a shit load of snow last night and she had to be at the hospital this morning. I hope she's OK.

Another aunt has back surgery this Friday. She already had surgery last year for a herniated disk, and something didn't take, so in she goes again. If this surgery doesn't work, she's looking at fusion as well.

Augh. Things have to get better.

No comments: