Friday, March 05, 2004

Cindy is still in the hospital. They've gotten a lot of the fluid out of her, but yesterday her blood pressure was high. She's very scared, so Mom has been trying to visit her each day. She'll need someone with her full-time once she's released, so Mom is going to see if they can arrange home health, otherwise Cindy may go to a nursing home.

I'm waiting results from an ultrasound. I've had intermittent pain on the right side of my abdomen...for over a year. I saw my regular physician about it when it first started (well, a few months after it started), he ordered an ultrasound of my gallbladder and found nothing. When I had my annual last week, I mentioned it to the gyn, so he ordered a pelvic ultrasound. I hope it's not another cyst. And I hope it's nothing even nastier. So now I'm waiting for the results which he's supposed to have today...

On to happier things....the trip was awesome. Hubby and I spent a lot of time with my parents, which was our main reason for going. We waited until after the holidays to avoid the rush, but also to give Dad time to recover his surgery...and it turns out we could've visited BEFORE the holidays since he recovered so quickly. I'm just glad the two of them are doing so well.

We had dinner one night with my 3 highschool girlfriends and their S.O.s. One friend is having a lot of stomach problems, so she skipped dinner, but we had a chance to hang out with her before and after we ate. I sympathize with what she's going through...I've had my share of gi tract problems and it's no fun. One friend was recently divorced and is having fun being a single gal on the town, and the other is newly engaged. She let it slip during dinner (much to her fiance's discomfort) that her fiance's dad's cousin is Howard Stern's father. We all had a laugh over that and had to poke fun at him.

My two aunts who had back surgeries are doing very well. The one with the less aggressive surgery is starting back to work soon and seems pretty much healed. The aunt who had a major surgery including fusions and rods is doing very well, too, but hasn't started the long hard road of physical therapy. She's getting around surprisingly well with a cane and wearing a back brace. I pray the the therapy goes well for her and doesn't cause too much pain. She's had her share of shit to deal with.

We managed to get in a day trip to NYC with the 'rents. We took the train in rather than trying to battle the streets of NY. Grand Central looks fucking amazing since the's been nearly 10 years since I've been. Hubby and I went to the Met while the 'rents took a tour of NBC studios/Rockefeller Center. Hubby was a little iffy on the whole museum thing until I told him about the arms & armor collection - complete with samurai armor. He was hooked. We also toured the Japanese art for his benefit. I got my fill of impressionist paintings and medieval art (my faves.)

We had brunch at a cute little place called Cafe un deux trois. Fluffy, fluffy eggs benedict with real ham, mimosas, tea, and mousse au chocolat for dessert. C'est magnifique!! Who can go wrong with brunch + dessert + alcoholic beverages.

We met up with the 'rents at Madame Toussaud's wax museum. Hokey and overpriced, but a whole lot of fun. And I got a picture of me with wax Matthew Broderick. Ferris Bueller, you're my hero!

We finished off the day with a trip to the Empire State Building. We got to the observation deck at dusk. Holy shit, what a sight. I had never been there at night before and it was gorgeous. I also picked up a hideous Statue of Liberty snowglobe in the gift shop for Mom - to go with the Empire State Building egg timer I bought for her on a class trip circa 3rd grade.

Good times.

No comments: