Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I didn't mean to go AWOL, I swear!

Hubby and I ate at the mall last Tuesday night - he needed some new pants and we figured it would be easiest just to grab some fast food there. Yeah, it was fast all right. I started the trots about 2 hours apres dinner and felt like crud with cramps, trots, and nausea for the next couple of days. The only thing that kept me at work on Wednesday was knowing that I had a doctor's appointment that afternoon and I didn't want to drive 45 minutes home and then back out past work to the doctor's office.

On Thursday we left for a long weekend up north to visit family. Flying while battling food poisoning really sucks. At least I was finally able to eat something other than saltines by Thursday night. We had a great trip and were able to spend a lot of time with family, met friends for dinner, and squeezed in a day trip to NYC.

Yesterday I took Mom and her roommate to the ER. It seems that Cindy, the roommate, (not her real name) had a minor heart attack Monday night. She then admitted to Mom that she's had 3 or 4 other ones that she never told the doctor about. She's very stubborn and managed to talk Mom out of calling the ambulance. Mom was able to somehow convince her to go to the ER yesterday, so I dropped them off, then picked Mom up once Cindy was admitted. Mom and I ran some errands, stopped back by to see Cindy, then moved Mom and the cats back to Mom's place after spending a week at Cindy's. I hope Cindy will be OK. She's 85, has congestive heart failure, and apparently doesn't like to get medical attention. The only thing that kept her at the hospital was the catheter they hooked up to her once they started the diuretics.

No comments: