Thursday, March 11, 2004

Hooray, no kitty owies last night. The cat is now only allowed under the bedspread, but on top of the blanket. At first he wanted nothing to do with that and passed on sleeping in bed. By about 3, I awoke to him hovering over my head, wanting warmth, so I lifted up the bedspread and he crawled under. It's amazing how cozy the fuzzy ones get when the indoor temp dips below 70.


I'm going to write a paper for a peer-reviewed scientific journal. It's not a real stringent journal, but it's the first paper I'll be first author on. My last (and only) scientific writing was for my thesis several years ago. As is apparent from my blog, I am not a stellar writer, or even a good writer. I'm stressed and excited and agreed to be first author only when my supervisor agreed to guide me. And I was sure to tell him that I'll need a LOT of guidance.


Last night hubby and I went with another couple to the community theater's production of Fiddler on the Roof. I had never seen it before and only knew that it had something to do with a Jewish family. What a wonderful story put on by an excellent cast. Hubby knew one of the cast members who happens to be a state's attorney. Many of the cast were high school students from the high school for the arts - they knocked my socks off. Our podunck county actually has some culture.

The local Tractor Supply Company is trying to drive me crazy. The have chicks, ducklings, and bunnies for sale. Hubby is counting his lucky stars that our neighborhood is not zoned for livestock.

No comments: