Monday, March 22, 2004

It was another gorgeous weekend. Sunny, breezy and temps in the low 80s. I'm so going to hate the summer heat and humidity. I wish it would stay like this all summer. Well, maybe a little bit warmer, but not much.

Hubby and I went to the beach with friends on Saturday. We picked a place that's mostly family-visited to avoid the spring breakers. There were quite a few people there, but it wasn't at all crowded. Not like some of the beaches where you can't even find a place to lay your towel. The water was too cold for swimming, so we sat in our chairs, ate lots of snacks, and the guys drank beer that we snuck onto the beach (shhhhh). For several hours, a stingray hung around in the shallows near us. So we named him, what else, Ray. One lady didn't notice Ray until she was about waist deep in water and started hopping around and screeching. We all were mean and laughed at her. Seriously, though, hopping around is the last thing you want to do when rays are hanging about. They call it the "stingray shuffle" for a reason. If you don't step on them, chances are you won't get stung. The guys attempted to fly a dragonfly shaped kite that our friend bought. It seemed to have a death wish since it kept nosediving straight into the sand. On the way home we stopped at a Japanese resatuarant for a yummy dinner.

Yesterday was another gorgeous day. I discovered two baby red eared sliders in Mom's driveway that I miraculously didn't run over. I decided to intervene in their fates and carried them down to the lake. Maybe they'll survive the gators and birds and make it to adulthood. I sure hope so anyway. I planted some more flowers out front. I can't wait till we have the money to fence in the backyard. I'm itching to start landscaping but am forcing myself to wait.

No comments: