Tuesday, April 13, 2004

I got all excited this weekend over nothing. As I've mentioned before, hubby and I want to have a baby. So, I started charting my cycles again: taking basal temps, checking cervical position, and checking cervical fluid. Last month I didn't have a thermal shift, which means I didn't ovulate. It's possible that the digital thermometer was going fritzy, but I doubt it. So this cycle I switched to a shake-down basal thermometer. Saturday I woke up with spotting and a fairly open cervix. On Sundnay, I could barely even feel my cervix - wide open. But no damn thermal shift. Tomorrow I go in for the follow-up ultrasound and I'm debating whether or not to mention the ovulation question, or if I should wait a few more cycles.

***

Another weekend gone...back to the grind. I shouldn't complain too much since it was a long weekend. But as always, it went by waaaaaay too fast.

The demoncat survived her visit to the vet and came home with the diagnosis of ear infection. We have to put antibiotic drops in her ear twice a day. Ha. We're lucky if we make it once a day. If she even thinks I have the bottle in my hand, she gives me a sassy "myeh" and runs like hell. I've managed to surprise her a few times and resorted to brute force for a couple of doses.

The in-laws arrived Friday afternoon and stayed all the way until the crack of dawn on Sunday. They decided not to stay and have Easter dinner with us so they could be back home by Sunday night. We figured they'd cut the visit short, but really hoped they'd at least stay for dinner. C'est la vie. Of course, before they left, they asked several times when we're coming to visit them and not to wait too long. This is only the second time they've visited in the 6 years we've lived here, and they didn't bother coming to our wedding since hubby's mom and stepdad were there and they couldn't bear to be in the same room as them. His parents have been divorced for about 15 years, so you'd think old wounds would have at least partially healed by now.

We did have a nice, but short, visit to Sea World on Saturday. The animal shows are truly amazing, although I can't help but feel sorry for the dolphins and whales. Sure they get lots of attention and easy food, but I'm sure they'd like a home that's not a tank. Pets Ahoy is my favorite. Many of the animals in the show are rescues from local animal shelters, and they make a point of telling that to the audience. Why can't our dog and cats be that well behaved?

No comments: