Friday, April 16, 2004

Sometimes I wonder why hubby and I shell out so much dough for cable when we have plenty of free entertainment.* I'm talking about the dog and cats. Actually, the dog and one cat in particular. Out Siamese mix, the clown of the group, is the one cat who likes the dog. We even refer to them as boyfriend and girlfriend because they will cuddle up and groom each other. It's adorable when they do. But, as with all animalsl, or even children, playtime eventually gets rough.

This weekend the dog and cat were hanging out together on one of the porch lounge chairs. Lily started doing a the nibbly-groom thing on the cat's head and neck. He looked like he was in kitty heaven. When Lily stopped, he licked her face. This went back and forth a few times until the cat started getting riled up, so he gently bit Lily's cheek. So, she put her mouth around his head, which led to him biting her cheek again. By that point Lily got wound up and started parrying with her mouth and snorting excitingly. So the cat kicked her with his hind leg. More parrying. So the cat pushes with his leg. It was adorable and hilarious at the same time.

I swear I heard him say "Stop touching me. Hey, the dog won't leave me alone."


*Well, almost free. We do pay for catfood, dogfood, litter, toys, treats, vet bills. Wait, that's not even close to free.

No comments: