Thursday, April 15, 2004

Yesterday, right at 5pm, hubby called me at work. The first thought that went through my head was "Oh shit, he's serving a warrant or somesuch and won't be home till late. " I couldn't have been further from the truth. The conversation went something like this:

Him: "Hi, I just got a call from R. He says Chili's has an overstock of beer that they need to get rid of. He also found out that the movie Hellboy is doing poorly at the boxoffice and needs our support. Do you mind if I go."

Me: "Ummm...no." I mean, how could I say I minded after he came up with all that?

***

R also works for a police agency. He was filling us in on the dirt before he and Hubby went out. He's trying his hardest to find a job somewhere else because his agency sucks. They treat the community like shit and they treat their officers like shit. The other night he went into the station around 1am and was stopped by a dispatcher. She had received a call at approximately 10:30 pm about a missing girl, went on her smoke break immediately after the call, and forgot to dispatch it. (What, smokies couldn't wait 2 minutes for her to dispatch?) So R called his sergeant, and was immediately dispatched. Luckily, the girl was home - her mom found her at her boyfriend's house. Did the dispatcher receive any sort of reprimand for carelessness? Of course not.

No comments: